Why Businesses are Outsourcing Their Contact Centers: The Top Three Reasons
In today’s business world, outsourcing has become an essential tool for companies large and small. By outsourcing certain aspects of their business, companies can focus on their core operations and improve their bottom line.
One area where outsourcing has continued to become popular is contact center services. With the rise of the gig economy and shift to flexible working conditions, organizations are finding outsourced partnerships increasingly positive and beneficial.
There are a number of reasons businesses choose to outsource their contact center operations. In this post, we’ll focus on three of the most common: staffing, technology, and regulation compliance. Each is important in its own right given its potential impact on the bottom line.
Looking for an outsourcing partner? Check out our FREE matchmaking tool that gets you paired with the right call or contact center partner in 60 seconds.
First up, staffing.
This is often cited as the number one reason businesses outsource their contact center. By outsourcing, companies have access to a larger pool of talent and can find the right staff for their needs, whether it’s for seasonal spikes or long-term growth. Additionally, outsourcing provides companies with the ability to quickly scale up or down as needed without incurring the costs associated with traditional hiring models.
Here are some questions to consider how staffing impacts your bottom line:
- Is your business located in an urban area with a big price tag associated with hiring?
- How progressive and flexible are your working conditions post-pandemic?
- What benefits do you need to offer your team members in order to stay competitive?
- What costs are you incurring due to hiring, training, and firing?
- Does your business operate on a seasonal calendar with spikes in contact center needs?
Technology is another key factor in the outsourcing decision-making process. Contact centers require a significant investment in technology, from customer relationship management (CRM) software to telephony systems. By outsourcing, businesses can tap into advanced call center technologies without making a large upfront investment. In addition, they can take advantage of the latest innovations and features without having to constantly update their own systems.
Here are some questions to consider how technology impacts your bottom line:
- Are you leveraging artificial intelligence to improve your customer journey?
- How are you handling contact transfers between different channels?
- How does your customer relationship management (CRM) system integrate with other tech?
- Do you have the in-house expertise to manage and maintain your technology?
- Are you taking advantage of the latest innovations in contact center tech?
Want to learn more about technology trends? Read “5 Types of Call Center Tech for Real-Time Engagement” now.
Last but not least, there’s regulation compliance.
Outsourcing contact center services can help businesses meet industry regulations, such as those related to customer data privacy and security. By working with a reputable outsourcing partner, businesses can ensure that their contact center operations are compliant with all applicable laws and regulations.
Here are some questions to consider how regulation compliance impacts your bottom line:
- What unique data privacy and security regulations apply to your business?
- How do you ensure that your contact center operations are compliant?
- Do you have a plan in place for data breaches?
- What internal controls do you have in place to prevent fraud and abuse?
- Are you up-to-date on new regulations, such as the EU’s GDPR or California’s CCPA?
By outsourcing their contact center services, businesses are able to staff their centers with the right people, use the latest technologies, and stay compliant with regulations. As a result, they can improve their customer experience, drive more sales, and save money in the long run.
What other benefits have you found from outsourcing your contact center services? Let us know in the comments below.